Act! Alert – May 7, 2014
Service Pack 1 for Act! v16 released
The first Service Pack for Act! v16 was released on May 7. It is available for free to all registered Act! v16 users, and you can download the new version from the links below.
- Act! 16.1 for Web Full exe
- Act! 16.1 Premium Full exe
- Act! 16.1 Pro Full exe
- Slightly smaller files for Australia only
- Act! 16.1 Premium AU exe
- Act! 16.1 Pro AU exe
- There is no regional download for the Web version just for Australia
Installing Service Pack 1 will not prevent users without this update installed from accessing a shared database. Due to the improvements and fixes in this release however, it is recommended that it is installed on all computers using Act!. Please note that for synchronisation, Service Pack 1 must be installed on all parent and remote installations of Act!.
A list of fixed defects is available in Knowledgebase Article 36573
As these are executable files you should download them to your hard disk rather than attempt to just click on the links, as most browsers and anti-virus software will object to directly executing these files.
Other upgrade and update news
This is a reminder of the upgrade policy for earlier versions of ACT!
- ACT! 2013 – Additional licences can be purchased to add to an existing network. Upgrades to Act! v16 can be purchased for a discounted price.
- ACT! 2012 – As for ACT! 2013
- ACT! 2011 and earlier – No additional licences can be purchased. Upgrades to Act! v16 are priced the same as original purchases of that version, with no discount.