Gebesse Computer Consultants specialises in providing services to small and medium-sized businesses. Our mission is to apply the highest quality products and services towards solving our clients' business problems, so that our clients can do what they set out in business to do - which is not usually to become computer experts. Gebesse has been operating since October 1987.
Gebesse is operated by Peter Bowditch, who has had over 40 years working with computers and their applications to business.
We work in five broad areas:
- Hardware - Gebesse is essentially a software and services provider, but we can supply hardware such as notebook computers, printers and networking products.
- Software - Our main emphasis is on ACT!, but we can provide software from other suppliers. We also provide training, although we like to specialise in ACT!
- Support and Advice - Small businesses generally have nobody to turn to for good advice about computers or for help when something goes wrong. We provide support and training to make sure our clients get the most effective and efficient use out of their investments in computer technology. We can supply advice for large organisations, too, and have been involved with tender evaluation and quality control for two of the largest PC procurement programs in our home state of New South Wales.
- Training - Specifically training in
- Basic computer skills (coming in 2016)
- Microsoft Office (coming in 2016)
- Internet services - We provide web page creation and maintenance, Internet marketing advice, web site hosting and a range of other services aimed at assisting our clients to use the Internet as an effective business tool and resource.
Our policy is to sell only those products which we use ourselves or which we can confidently support, either through our own skills, training and resources or through competent third parties. It sometimes surprises people when they ask us for prices for certain brands and we say that we don't have enough faith in what they want to sell it to them, but that's the way we do business.
The only information about visitors to this site which is examined or kept is that which is provided voluntarily by someone sending email to the site owner or by filling out a form.
Gebesse will not sell or provide any details obtained through this site or through any other of the organisation's activities to anyone unless ordered to do so by a properly constituted court with appropriate jurisdiction.
The only time web server logs are looked at is when it is necessary to do so to solve site management problems. The traffic recorded in the logs is not analysed in any way except to produce consolidated statistics such as numbers of visitors and page displays.
Unfortunately, we have experienced a few bad debts lately. Good people get affected by the actions of others, so we are going to have to institute revised rules for how we deal with customers. From now on, new customers will have to sign an agreement that they will pay their bills on time and that they understand that registration codes for software products will not be released until payment is made for both the products and for any time spent on installation or customisation. We have avoided using collection agencies but will be using them in the future at even a hint of reluctance to pay. We apologise to the clients who pay promptly and treat us well, but the same rules have to apply to everyone. You can read the background to this here.
Usual office hours are between 8:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. If you need to contact us outside these times or when the phone is unanswered for other reasons (travelling, in meetings, working on something undisturbed, or just unable to answer), please email us at the address at the bottom of this page. Email is checked at least twice daily.